Food Finds in Amsterdam
As promised in my previous entry Amsterdam Late Birthday Getaway I will also be sharing with you our food finds.
Amsterdam is also very international when it comes to food. As a result we did not bother so much to indulge on local food except for the dutch cheese and stroop wafels hehe. But instead we found some really nice places to grab our food cravings.
5 Foodie Spots:
- Happy Happy Joy Joy – I actually requested to check this one out because they have some bubble tea and God knows how much I miss bubble teas. LOL. This place is a somewhat quirky chinese resto which specializes on chinese street food. I love their fun and vibrant atmosphere. We tried out the bubble tea, hakao, and crispy chicken bao. My favorite has to be the crispy chicken bao. I love the sauce!
- Sky Lounge – We went to the sky lounge for some drinks because we miss the rooftop bars in Bangkok. It did not disappoint as we were treated with a crisp sunshine and cool breeze with a view. The drinks they have are so creative so I ended up having a cocktail called Beyond the 11th. It’s sweet, fresh and I loved it! We also went for some nachos which was so hard to stop munching on because I’m a major snacker! LOL!
- Food Hallen (De Hallen) – We went here two times to try a lot of food because I love different varieties of food. Although, I wasn’t able to take photos of some of the other things we tried, what’s important is that our tummies were so happy trying out different stuff!
- Mr. Temaki – I ordered here twice because once is not enough. Hihi. First I tried their poke bowl and the next day we ordered some sushi. Both times, I was satisfied.
- Txosta – Thomas ordered an assortment of tapas and pintxos because he’s a tapas lover like that! LOL! I would’ve really enjoyed this if I wasn’t too full from my poke bowl. Hehe.
- Bulls and Dogs – This stall has one of the longest lines the couple of times we’ve been there. They have funky choices of sausages. I liked it but Thomas wasn’t so happy about it. He still managed to eat up most of it though when we were supposed to share it. LOL!
- Dim Sum Thing – We ordered a sharing platter here so that we can taste most the dum sum offerings they have.
- Wine, Gin and Tonic Bar – This bar serves different kinds of Gin and tonic mix. We tried a fruity mix — mine was with strawberry and Thomas had the black cherries.
- Van Wonderen Stoop Wafels – They sell some classic stroop wafels as well as some with different kinds of toppings. I had a chocolate and marshmallow one and boooy it was so good. It’s soft warm and gooey. Yummy yums!
- Lanksroon Cafe – So before we left Amsterdam I wanted to have some last bite of wafels so we ended up in this small cafe for some coffee and classic stroop wafel. They serve a king sized stroop wafel which was a crunchy version. I loved it! The sweet tooth in me was very happy.
In addition, I want to share with you a sweet ending as I found this cute dessert shop called Polaberry — they sell some chocolate covered strawberries and other unicorn-y stuff. Hehe. You can see photos below to understand what I mean. Hehe. I’ve eaten a lot of strawberries this summer that I couldn’t let this one pass. The strawberries were so fresh and chocolate quality was soooo good — we wiped it out in a matter of seconds. LOL!
That’s it! I really had a great time exploring the foodie finds in Amsterdam. Because of this, I promised myself that if we ever pass by Amsterdam again, I will buy some stroop wafel munchers for me! LOL! I hope you enjoyed reading on and maybe you can try them out too or you might have already. Please share your experiences too. I would love to hear them.